Pages
▼
Monday, February 16, 2009
Start-itis. I has it.
I think I can identify what causes "start-itis" (the urge to start more craft projects and ignore existing ones) for me. It's the end of winter and the coming of spring. Yesterday I cast on for a hand-knitted sock - I fell for some Regia Pom-pon in two colours, and have ascertained that both kms spurn it - it would probably have worked on the chunky, but only if fish-net socks ever come into fashion :) Black pompon is a cotton yarn with fluffy blobs and it is impossible to tell if you are doing rib, so I gave up with rib after about 4 rows. Yeah, I'm a quitter!
I find my mind turning towards the marble chunky (currently sulking in an almost-finished monster cardigan with slanted fronts that just didn't work) and turning it into something more wearable in crochet. I find myself thinking I should really do something with the black and multi-yarn that failed to go on the destash night into something, dammit, anything, to get it assembled and out into the world (and possibly out of the house).
I made three balls of DK weight yarn out of a conglomeration of industrial cones and started crocheting a circle - I figured it might make a nice rug. We do not need any rugs.
And then there's the eyelash yarn I bought in a fit of red mist in the January sales. Still in the bag. Glaring at me.
Dammit. My stash is definitely giving me guilt trips.
This made me laugh... but I'm definitely no stranger to start-itis either. I try not to think of all the unfinished projects languishing in bags all around the house! ;-)
ReplyDelete