Tuesday, January 06, 2009

FO: Red cowl neck jumper


Red cowl neck jumper
Originally uploaded by steel breeze

First FO of 2009! Designed with Knitware - had to shorten the sleeves when I realised there was not enough yarn for full length ones. The software has a yarn estimator, and I thought at first I'd 800g. Sleeve ribs hand-knit downwards, cowl neck cast off by hand for a reaaally loose cast off. Knit at T7 on the Brother 260.

Nitpicks? I think I shall select a slightly longer length next time. Boobage makes standard a bit short for my taste.

Knitware pattern is scoop neckline and cowl neck, if any other user is interested. I think I need to get this software pronto! What a stashbuster, esp. for those of us who have accumulated discontinued yarn or yarn of lost origin.

And yes, it really is that loud a red! :)

No comments: