Friday, October 28, 2005

MK sources

People often ask me where to get knitting machines and patterns. Of course, Ebay is a good source, for a start. I got a lot of my kit, plus my chunky machine, on Ebay - a lot of people are selling up due to age and/or arthritis.

Two excellent sources of patterns - the Brother fashion knitting magazines, which have some wonderful ideas, and also the magazine publications - Machine Knitting News and Machine Knitting Monthly. They had a pratice of bringing out "specials" eg baby or gents knits. Definitely worth a look!

I've collected nearly all of the Brother magazines that came out. Yes, some of it is a little eighties, but you can always modify a pattern to bring it bang up to date. I know the cost savings aren't there anymore, but it's nice knowing you made something yourself.

No comments: