Racking pattern zig zags (using some fine yarns)
1. Set machine up with double bed colour changer, and cast on in a fine yarn (1ply – 2 ply) for full needle rib. Set ribber to half pitch
2. Set needles as follows:
3. Set MT to 4, RT to 5.
4. Set the machine for full fisherman's rib, ie tuck on MB when knitting on RB and vice versa.
5. K 1 row, rack to the right
6. K 1 row, rack to the left
7. Select new colour.
8. Repeat rows 5 and 6 as required.
9. Cast off
10. Remove from machine and pull into shape – the zigzags should appear.
This is a bit of double-bed magic, courtesy of Bill King. Attending another workshop in March, can't wait!