DK-weight yarns (mostly acrylic) knitted at T3, 1x1 rib on the Brother 260 gauge. All needles, 300 rows, two strips. I reckon this makes a decent blanket for a child (although I could add a third strip, I have to measure it first, see if I need more). I used up the last of the Emily, too. It's such a nice feel, that yarn, I had to share it with someone else! =)
Why is the left-most strip not as wide as the right one? Guess who forgot to set the ribber carriage lever from II to I after doing the cast on?! Shows you what a difference it makes!
I just put these together with my Hague linker 20 minutes ago.
Oh, and here's a post about the world's biggest stash. Thanks to Jean for the heads-up. G reluctantly admitted I hadn't got that much yarn in comparison. "But I bet you want that much, don't you?" he said. Um, no, actually, I don't. There's only so much yarn and equipment you can get into a spare bedroom, and I think I've pretty much filled mine, not to mention two more bags of cones in the attic. I reckon I've got more than I could knit up in the next 10 years, at least. The yarn always seems to go much further than I expect!
In other news, I won this on Ebay a fortnight ago, more yarn from Yarntree House. It's beautiful wool, in lovely autumnal shades, and I've swatched some this morning. I sense a long v-necked tunic with side slits coming on! :)
Knitting to do:
- Make two pairs of socks for Jo (started)
- Sew up charity tees and blankets made last weekend
- Make a Passap "neckline" border for both ends of the raspberry ripple blanket
- Add a strap to Murphy's bag
- Buy beans and finish the bean bag
- Tackle some of the UFOs
Current mood: determined