I managed to finally get the correct sequence to knit using the single-bed colour changer:
- Set card up, inspection light ON, reverse colour (button 2) ON. Put cams in correct location.
- Knit to appropriate point with colour-changer sinker plate (yarn in feeder 1), ending CAR
- At this point, prepare other colours in colour changer if not already done so. Ideally, main yarn should be in the leftmost tension mast.
- Remove MY from feeder 1 and place in feeder 2 (between the two pins). Select first desired contrast colour. Knit to left carefully (carriage should pick up contrast yarn).
- Set carriage for fairisle, and turn inspection light OFF. Continue knitting.
It took me a few attempts to get to that point (snapping yarn, dropped stitches, knots, etc). I made a start on a charity tee - I forgot to move the cams out so couldn't figure why it wasn't patterning either side when I got to the arms. Sorted that, and did a few more rows, and realised the knitting was hanging up on the gatepegs. On closer inspection, there was a dirty great big hole in the knitting. Not a repairable one, either.
Oh well, I consigned two part cones to the bin, and learnt how to use the colour changer. That's about the only thing I achieved last night. Perhaps I should try something less ambitious?! I fancy making some lace/tuck lace shawls, but I've had mediocre results with lace.
Another recent annoyance? Two books I fancied on Amazon.com? They won't ship them to the UK. Annie's Attic is the publisher of one of them - they did offer a PDF download, but I was loathe to part with my money when the Americans were all asleep, in case their not-shipping-outside-US policy still applied (I can't see why it would, but anyway....). Rather confused. I can understand small dealers not wishing to lose money for stock gone AWOL overseas, but the behemoth that is Amazon? I've had stuff from there before, in fact a penpal sent me a DVD that was only released over there. Neither book is large or heavy or banned in the UK. Perhaps it's a new rule, or one brought in during the silly season that is December?! Got both of them on Ebay, anyway. Ya lost some respect there, Amazon!
Onwards and upwards...