* You find yourself replacing all your store-bought plastic and metal needles for expensive bamboo or something similarly damaging to your bank account. It's an investment, right?
* You rarely buy knitwear because you know you could make it yourself at home. Even if you never actually get around to it.
* There are yarn or yarn-related items in almost every room of the house. Including the bathroom.
* You find that your 9 to 5 job really cuts into your knitting time (and am slightly resentful).
* Ravelry is not just a website, it's a way of life. If you're offline for more than a few days you get withdrawal symptoms
* Your sofa and carpet suffer much more from yarn scraps than pet hair - the cat just can't compete!
* You've contemplated knitting whilst stuck in a traffic jam, and tried to calculate if you could finish a row before the traffic lights change.
* You've turned up for work in at least one item you've knitted. Extra points for more than one item, and bonus points if it's underwear.
* You find yourself sometimes wishing you lived in a cold climate e.g. Scandinavia, so you have an excuse to knit and wear even more items.
* You've taken at least one work-in-progress to a beach holiday, and then sweltered under the weight of it.