Monday, December 23, 2013

FO: CSM socks and cast-on bonnet



Love this yarn - Opal Smile - a souvenir from Edinburgh. A few mishaps with dropped stitches and me not figuring out when is the best time to re-engage the ribber for the foot, but they turned out really well. Never made them this long before, there's enough to fold them over. Was worried I'd run out of yarn and realised I was cranking quickly - like that'd make any difference! I can report I've still some yarn left over from a 100g ball. :)

I've been using my 84st cast on bonnet for a while - after all, it doesn't matter if it's not hung on every single stitch, the CSM doesn't really care. Anyway, I finally got around to making a proper 72 st cast on sock:



They are easy enough to make - get the CSM established with waste yarn, then I think I did 12 rounds, transferred every other stitch and did another 12-13 rounds, then hung the cast on row onto the needles and then kept cranking until the yarn ran out. The idea is that this sock is long enough for me to hang the buckle and weights on straight away. You hang the loop between each picot onto every other needle.

Not sure there'll be much opportunity to post in the madness of the next few days, so Merry Christmas to all my readers, and may you have a peaceful New Year and lots of time to knit and crochet!

No comments: