What I learnt:
- Match the plaid next time, dummy!
- Be more careful matching seams - I foolishly overlocked it first, thus removing the all-important matching notch - oops! Hence a strange fold at the base of the zip as I tried to match the waistband line
- When doing stitch in the ditch, check the underside - I didn't manage to cover up all the unfinished hems in the waistband
- Probably should have cleared the dining table of condiments and paperwork first - too keen!
- Stitch in the ditch is cool!
- How to use my zipper foot and how to move the machine's needle (it's elsewhere in the manual and not cross-referenced)
- Test the overlocker on scrap material and maybe take one needle out seeing as with both needles and loopers it's still doing a funny skip every so often. Perhaps needs cleaning and rethreading.
- I cheated on the hem and sewed it on the machine - I decided I wouldn't bother hand-stitching it when it was obvious how oversized the whole thing was.
- Very pleased with the sides of the zip and the belt-loops and the back vent
- The tablet takes shocking pictures, sorry about that! :S
If you know anyone who wants a UK size 18 skirt with mistakes in, let me know! The only annoying thing now is that I don't have much free time in the next fortnight to cut the next one.
Current mood: ridiculously keen to make another one!