Monday, June 27, 2016

More sewing...

Well, I picked up the hearts fabric at an NEC show one year - not entirely sure when, now - and a recent magazine came with pattern New Look K6262 for a round or v-necked dress. I took this pattern along to Diana's "Fun with Fashion and Fabrics" class, and we made a toile which she then adjusted. The second toile I made at home came out well (thanks to L over the road for pinning me into it!). However, when cutting the back pieces for the actual garment they were 2cm too short so I had to cut them again. Got as far as attaching the skirt to the bodice, and made a start at the invisible zip (my first). Really wanted to get the zip in, because I've an awful feeling I might have cut the skirt too small. I'm the traditional English "pear shape", with smallish waist but big hips. Oh well, what's done is done. I don't have any more of the fabric and cannot even remember which stall it was from. Good job I'm going again this weekend, although this is a new show so I'm not sure who will be there. The irony is it's turning into one of those traditional British summers (showers and sunshine) so I'm not sure I'll even get to wear it much. I've overlocked, but not trimmed, the skirt pieces, so I can reopen those seams and add some fullness back if required.

Got some ideas for using up some other fabrics I was gifted - some lovely tweeds, possibly Linton, in black/white and pink. Our old printer is on the fritz so I have to print stuff to PDF and send it to work at the moment. I need to look into replacing it I think, seeing as I've spent several hours trying to fix it and have had no joy. Worked out a pattern for a wrap skirt but need to adjust it to my measurements and print it out again somehow.

Pretty shocked by the result of the EU referendum - I suspect we were lied to so much by both sides that a lot of people used it as a protest vote. It became difficult to know who to believe. I don't think any of us were qualified to know what exactly we were voting for. It becomes difficult to discuss because in many cases it has divided families. But que sera sera. I guess we'll just have to see how things pan out!

Current mood: still sick - snotty-nosed and with an annoyingly unproductive cough, which, along with the cat, wakes me too early so I don't drown. Yuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. Have you tried inhaling steam with a few drops of tea tree oil. This usually helps me. Get well soon. I enjoy following your blog. Heike