Sunday, April 14, 2019

Nottingham show and a finished object

Wow, a month or so since my last post! Well, there's not been that much to report alas...

IMG_20190414_111034

IMG_20190414_111042

IMG_20190414_111049

IMG_20190414_111057

IMG_20190414_111114

IMG_20190414_111126

Lots of lovely garments and yarn and things to buy. Not sure the show is as well advertised as it could be, as I'm sure there are plenty of handknitters in the Nottingham area that would have loved it.

Had a lovely natter with old friends and demoed Designaknit for Andrea of Andeeknits. I did buy a little yarn (love me some James C Brett marble chunky in blue, I am powerless to resist it!) and a "Stitch Master" gadget, which is for knitting a net behind fairisle somehow. I love a new gadget! Only downside of the whole show was that it was absolutely freezing in the hall, I almost bought some fingerless gloves and wish I'd brought my own. Was so glad to get back to the car and get the heating on. Oh, and I forgot to take my empty cardboard cones to Nick of Uppinghams,

And finally a photo of the ten stitch blanket:

10 stitch blanket

I think I found the video for it here - in future I would start with waste yarn and pick up the live stitches at the start as it looks neater, and I worked mine so as to use automatic wrapping throughout. But the principle is the same. I should technically call this a hybrid blanket because I started it on the chunky and finished it on the midgauge. :) The nice thing about it is you can easily scrap it off on waste yarn at any point, work on something else, and then rehang it when you're ready.

Current mood: very keen to make time to get back to my machines! :)

No comments: