Thursday, January 14, 2021

Feeling mellow...

I can quite see why there might be a "second pandemic" of alcoholism, when all of this is done with. I've had a glass of wine (or two) thanks to a mini celebration of a completed project at work, and now the world somehow feels more rosy and hopeful. Never mind, it'll soon wear off I guess!

IMG_20210113_080209

I realised I never shared some yarny gifts I got over Xmas - first was some hand-dyed yarn from the lovely PeglerPurl - left on my doorstep before xmas at a time when we both happened to be on conference calls, so neither of us went to the door (I didn't even hear the bell, to my chagrin!).

IMG_20210113_080151

This was some lovely sock yarn and a notebook I received, courtesy of my "Secret Santa" on an FB group. It's proper British sock yarn too, so I think it deserves a handknit pattern for once.

IMG_20210113_113133

IMG_20210113_120954

This is another item I'd never have thought of knitting for myself, but the need was there - legwarmers! Well, I've been very boring / nerdy and continued to wear my office gear during the week (black trousers and a nice top), even during lockdown, because we do sometimes put our cameras on. Discovered last week that if my ankles are cold that I'm cold, so legwarmers it was! There's no easy way to photograph your own ankles that DOESN'T make you look foreshortened, either! Oh well! These cheap trainers have become my "working from home" shoes, as my slippers just weren't up to the wear and tear of an office chair. The legwarmer pattern was in the February issue of MKM - if I make them again I think I'd do proper rib (if I wanted them to stay up, anyway!). Mock rib just isn't stretchy enough!

I've also made one half of a ladie's mitten in that purple yarn, as a way of using up leftovers, though I have halved the cuff (think in the original pattern it's designed to be turned up). Pictures when they are finished. 

IMG_20210114_092334

I love to follow Attic24, and love her colour sense, and that she has various seasonal buntings for her fireplace. As we don't have a mantelpiece, I thought I might crochet myself a cheerful piece bunting for my little office. It seems so dreary now the (single piece of) tinsel has been packed away in the attic. Hence finding various heart and stars patterns. I'd love to crochet a rainbow, but don't have all the colours to hand.

Stay safe and warm, wherever you are, and hang in there. Better times are coming, I feel sure!

Current mood: happy and possibly a bit "merry"

No comments: