Thursday, April 15, 2021

Totally texture

I found this Passap knitting pattern in an old magazine, and decided to have a go (though using a built-in pattern).

PXL_20210416_081016453.MP

It's probably not obvious on screen, but this tuck stitch pattern is really textured and spongy. Very nice! Though I think when I make the second front I will use weights, there are a LOT of tuck loops and at one point there was a big jam when some of them failed to knit off. I managed to rescue it and it's not too obvious. The post title is also the name of the pattern.

1618554876845-371

I treated myself to a little holder for the Passap machine, it works a lot better than the yarn bowls because it's deeper. A machine knitter's son 3d prints them and you can choose your colour. Of course I had to go for the hot pink!

The non-essential shops are now open in England, the first time since 2020. We are taking a trip into town tomorrow to window shop, I can't wait! Though I couldn't wait for a hair cut, I gave myself a fringe trim yesterday and it doesn't look too bad. At least it is out of my eyes, anyway.

I was pondering today how I've had lots of information in books in my collection, and yet it's taken a global pandemic for me to get to grips with the Passap. Seems like there has to be a right time to absorb the information - sometimes your brain is just not ready for it. Then bang! It suddenly all starts making sense. Weird.

Some spring pictures to cheer you up! Tulips are my favourite flower, and the pink geranium is blooming again. Not bad for a forlorn supermarket plant that cost me £2. I won a photo competition with these, think the prize was some mixed bulbs which have just turned up via UPS.

IMG_0100 IMG_0101 daffodil

Current mood: awake

No comments: