Thursday, October 06, 2022

Just finish it, already!

Well, I really enjoyed the fun of getting the hang of tunisian crochet at the weekend. Having asked on Ravelry re the whole "do I need to join in the round?" thing, I was sent a link to an amazing spreadsheet that links to tons of tunisian videos - it could take me quite some time to work through that! Kudos to the folks that put the spreadsheet together! It was started by Do-you-crochet and Alpag over on the Tunisian Crochet Explorers group, if you're interested to know more. 

Anyhoo, I was fairly close to finishing off the purple poncho I started at the start of lockdown (yes, I know!) so that got finished off though I missed weaving in one end in this rear view. It's too tight on the neck for me - I can't abide anything that close to my chin - so it will be donated to charity. It's a shame, but the yarn is a loosely spun single which won't stand unpicking - as it was, it partially disintegrated during my grafting of the live stitches to the side, so, I'm done. 

PXL_20221006_065714996

PXL_20221006_065802030

I also decided to finish crocheting the basketweave scarf, yet to be photographed in full - great TV crochet - and try and get some other projects finished by the end of this year. I like quite long scarves, almost my height, so there's enough to wrap around and chuck over a shoulder. I'm a bit blah over the granny square blanket now, I want to unpick the lot and do tunisian in the round with the yarn instead. Rats. No, that won't be happening - some of the yarn is boucle for a start! I'm not a complete sadist... The "Tomato Delight" passap top is skulking around in a bag somewhere, it just needs some very time-consuming crochet with a 2mm hook and 2ply yarn to finish the cuffs and hem, the latter will need a lot of work as it's come out on the cropped side. I'm hibernating the stars and hearts bunting I debated in the depth of lockdown - maybe they will end up as appliques on the granny blanket. As for the Glimmer shawl... meh - if the knitted-on edging wasn't in yarn that had sequins in it, I'd frog the edging and crochet one on instead, it would have been finished ages ago! 

Work and life has been very busy, hence the scattered energies! Well, I was always a great starter of things - I'm always motivated to get started, but I get bored after a few weeks usually. So the blog post title is for me more than anything. 

Cawston WI have made some more post box toppers, one of which I got a shot of this morning. The theme is harvest festival, and I had planned to knit a CSM pumpkin, but never got time. I do prefer useful knitting, maybe it's a generational thing - but these are cheery in these dark times of soaring inflation and industrial action. After the vandalism of the previous postbox topper I need to think hard about not taking such destruction too personally I suppose. I was meant to go help assemble it Monday night but was in a foul mood after a massive amount of work was dropped on me in the middle of a team meeting with no prior consultation - I didn't want to take my bad mood to the meeting! So much for catching up on admin this week, and 16 hours work down the drain. So disappointing. 

PXL_20221006_063247831

PXL_20221006_120945897

Just out of shot on the second one, a cauliflower! Let's hope the locals can resist the urge to damage them this time.

Current mood: blah

No comments: