Tuesday, August 29, 2023

COVID

Just when we all thought COVID was done and dusted... The Cog and I had a short break in Scarborough, and took in Whitby on the way home. Last time a visit led to the discovery of my mild epilepsy. This time we somehow managed to pick up COVID, though G just thought his was a cold (he started to come down with it as we drove home). I didn't think to test either of us until my SIL's annual garden party, which alas we both had to sit out at home. The curse of Whitby strikes again (although we might have potentially picked it up in a spa in Scarborough, the place was jam packed with kids). Symptoms were those of a head cold, plus aches and a stonking headache.

So long, last long weekend of the year! Saturday I was so ill all I could do was slump in front of the TV and watch reruns and doze. Sunday I managed a little handknitting and a bunch of Columbo episodes (I love that series - turns out some of them are as old as me, too!). Monday I did a little cross-stitch. Tuesday we'd planned to visit some local tourist landmarks, but I cancelled the day off and stayed home again. The only event that did go (somewhat) to plan was the monthly machineknitting zoom, where I demonstrated the YC6 colour changer. Some questions on Ravelry have explained to me how to make Designaknit do two colour slip/tuck, I might try it tonight.

Current mood: lethargic

No comments: