Wednesday, February 28, 2024

... can't they?

Well, I spoke too soon - the refund still hasn't shown up, but a letter informing them that legal action would be next got an email response within hours (almost as if they have a lawyer on standby - suspicious much?). I'll think on it a few days before I respond, seeing as they've dragged it out this long. Funny how their email hasn't worked since January (but in that period, they did manage to send some spam inviting me to buy a second device! As if!)

PXL_20240226_125903479

Anyroad, enough of that - I made this vest / tanktop this weekend just gone. It was supposed to have had short sleeves - the yarn's some kind of brushed acrylic, with no label - but as soon as I'd done the front, back and one sleeve I could see there was not going to be enough yarn. So I frogged the one sleeve, and applied the neckbands. There was just enough yarn to replace sleeves with a bit of ribbing. Alas, had I foreseen this, I would probably have selected a set-in sleeve design instead - the ribbing sticks out a bit over the shoulders, and looks a little odd to me. Then again, I've never quite understood the point of tanktops, seeing as I rarely wear blouses I could wear a tanktop over (and anyway, I'm always a bit too warm, so warming the body is the last thing I need!). I'm quite happy with it despite all that, another one for the charity pile I think. I'm an anomaly, a machine knitter who doesn't wear or even keep much of her output. I ought to stick to socks and wristwarmers, because those I do wear, but I think I'd get bored only making them!

There's never a dull moment here - we discovered we had some loose roof tiles a few weeks ago, and managed to get a roofer to take a look. We were informed that a lot of the honeycomb mesh was missing at the rear of the house (which explains why we were getting a starling nesting every year). The roof was duly fixed last week - tonight I went into the attic to get something and startled the bird, which is presumably now trapped. I left the rear bedroom windows open, barred all other exits and waited downstairs, hoping that it might be drawn by the light, but by this time it was dusk and the poor thing is still up there and terrified. I've left some water up there; hopefully we can try again tomorrow when daylight returns. Alas, I think there might be some damage to the roof felt in a few places, so I'll have to get pictures and possibly get the roofer back again.

I've got some fun things planned in March, so I am looking forward to that. More soon!

Current mood: really rather fed up at the moment!

No comments: