Monday, August 18

Insects


Of all the places you'd expect there to be some sort of moth protection, you would expect your LYS to have some.

You would be wrong.

Ok, I guess it's partly my fault for snapping up some wool-rich chunky produced in the late 80s/early 90s, and luckily it only affects the first 30 foot of yarn or so, but boy is it annoying?!

===

The Kauni cardigan has been washed and excess steeks chopped off. According to the pattern I am to sew these down, but I can't figure how that is supposed to happen without the stitches showing through onto the right side. I might just take my overlocker to them. I made a little sample in fair-isle on my knitting machine to test the washability, so I can probably use that to test the overlocker settings.

I had expected I would have started work on the Autumn Flare skirt, sitting at 0% there over on the right, but for some reason my hands went for a waistcoat in a simple garter stitch design, with the aforementioned moth-bitten yarn. I don't quite know how I am to make up the back of this garment, as I only have enough yarn for the fronts. I guess it won't take much to knock up a simple black back.

===

I had a go at making a baby's hat with Natalie Langkilde's reversible hat pattern, but it came out way too large, it fits me at a pinch. Being half in baby colours (pastel pinks and blues) I'm not sure it's suitable for BISS, either. Hmmm.

===

Bought a gorgeous sari silk shawl on Etsy. £15.01 customs charge (three cheers for the 1p!). Royal Mail cannot accept VISA payments. I dread to think how they sort the parcels at Rugby!



No comments: