Sunday, October 05, 2008

Broken links...

Broken links...

Phew. I have just spent over 3 hours checking and repairing broken links over at the Machine Knitter's Treasure Chest (link site for free MK patterns). It's not been done since, well, it was first uploaded back in May 2007. Luckily, most patterns have just moved because their owners have got .com websites. A couple have disappeared completely, and a few I deleted because they use dynamically-assigned URLs and I am fed-up of trying to keep the links working. Thank heavens for dead-links.com! Only problem is, that site is a little too speedy, so some of the image-heavy links report a 404 when there's nothing wrong with the link.

In other news, I made a newborn baby hat for Pickle, now also known as Samuel George, 8lb 5oz, born Thursday night to my uni friend Sarah (picture of hat when I next upload my camera). Took me about 30 mins to make. I love quick bang-for-buck projects!

Lost three hours of planned knitting time on Saturday, because we had a power-cut at 10.30am. Yes, I know I could have used the punchcards, but I was hankering after playing with the Passap, which is a bit time-consuming without electricity. Both of us hung about the house (I finished up some sewing) for half an hour, and then we decided we might as well go into town and run a few errands/get some lunch. Although our hob is gas, the grill and oven are electric, and we were out of bread so couldn't even do beans on toast! Whoops! We ended up eating at the ex-Café Uno (now Il Bertorrelli I think) in Regent St. Food was ok, but they seemed short-staffed, so it took 15 mins to order and another 15 mins to get the food - I was quite tempted to pay for the drinks and walk out! Hey, I am always grouchy and impatient when I am hungry! It was a filthy day to be out - cold and very windy - so we were quite glad to get home again (power was back on by then, luckily!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness! I refer to the treasure chest all the time. My favs are outdated, and then I kept getting bad links at the treasure chest and I wondered what was going on! Thanks for doing the updates!