Tuesday, December 02, 2008

FOs, UFOs and food...

Pink hat and scarf
Pink hat and scarf. Yes, it's really rather tricky to photograph yourself, hence the odd expression. This was some yarn I gained on a destash night. I don't know why it's taken me so long to make the matching hat (it would have been longer, but I ran out of yarn). Love the colour!

Autumn flare skirt
Autumn flare skirt - now onto the 11th flare.

Music hat 1
Music hat side 1

Music hat 2
Music hat side 2 - looks a bit odd, because the black is 3ply and the white is 4ply.

chicken hot pot
Completely not knitting-related - sunday's chicken hot-pot, a WW recipe. Lovely! The rest is going to be finished tonight.

Sewing course is finished now for the year. I think the tutor was taken aback that I wanted to construct the toile properly and completely, ie follow the pattern correctly. But I have made a few silly mistakes already, so I think it is a worthwile exercise. If I was an experienced dressmaker, I probably wouldn't go this far, but I think being a beginner, it's a useful exercise. I found out what bias binding is for, last night! Woohoo!

Anyway, apparently I'm a kinaesthetic learner (learns by doing). We had to fill out some daft questionnaire. One of the students is that desperate to have her skirt before xmas, that I suspect the tutor will be finishing it. Not quite sure what the learner hopes to gain from that, missing the point somewhat methinks? I might badger Mum to help me with mine, if there's time, but I shall still be doing it myself!

I never understand students that get upset if things don't go perfectly right first time - that is what the learning process is all about. You wouldn't expect to be able to drive a car just by getting into the driving seat the first time. And I still make cock-ups with the machine knitting, despite 3-4 years at it now.

Current mood: loved

No comments: