Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back on Elm Street...

Well, I am currently without a major hand-knitting project, and I needed something to take to knitting club last night, so I dug out the Drooping Elm leaf scarf (started in 2007). After a few rows of cursing (and adding stitches in a few places - shhhh!) I finally got back into the groove and did a whole 1.5 pattern repeats (15 rows) in two hours. About 1.5 inches. Yes, not exactly stellar speed - you can see why it's taking so long, especially as this project gets pushed to the back of the queue. I really should just put my head down and get on with it. My rule of thumb for scarves is they should be as long as the person, so I've some way to go yet - I only have 62cm done so far and I'm 5 ft 7.

Next week I'm training in Rugby for three days, so I shall skip the Coventry meet. But I'm torn - to go to the Three Horseshoes hotel and join the knitters, or to go to the Merchant Inn and join in the Belgian beer festival? Decisions, decisions....

No comments: