Thursday, February 28, 2019

FO: King Cole Bamboozle cardigan

I'm not totally happy with the way the sleeve heads fit into the armscye, but having worked on this on and off since 2015 I am done! I noticed that nobody else seems to have complete this cardigan on Ravelry, which is probably an indication of the nefarious nature of this pretty yarn. The pretty buttons are from McAnaraks, picked up at the last time I went to Woolfest.

IMG_20190228_080809

IMG_20190228_080558

For some reason this year, start-itis (the burning urge to cast on more projects, whilst ignoring WIPs) hasn't happened - I seem in the mood to finish off existing projects. Have now recommenced working on Blusa Queen (an intricate crochet cardigan).

And just in case people are wondering what I've been up to instead of knitting, I've been dabbling in watercolours. These three are my favourites so far:

IMG_20190205_210612_w

IMG_20190212_205918_w

IMG_20190227_140807_w

We've so far been tracing other work to understand how to plan painting it, so I can take no credit for the actual designs. Next term I think we're going to start working on our own designs. I'm enjoying it even if my results are less than stellar.

Current mood: thoughtful

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane, I love the fluffy bumble bee. I have been inspired to embroider one using your painting as inspiration.
Joy