Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Tedium

Yes, there's been some knitting progress, but nothing I can show you. I have made up some pieces for "plush sweater", which appeared in an old copy of Knitwords - it's two squares for front and back, two sleeve/shoulder parts, and a shawl collar in two halves. Yet more of the black chenille - although I got three cones at the same time, this one does seem better quality. The yarn goes through the Passap a dream, and there's a lot less airborne fluff because of the machine's design. Making up might be fun though, black yarn! Oh dear! 

As you know I've been beavering away making hats and scarves for Knit for Peace since last year, only to get an email newsletter saying they're currently full of such items thanks to everyone knitting in lockdown, and only adult garments and blankets are now required. Such a pity as I like to wait until I've a box full, to make the postage worthwhile. So if anyone has any alternative charity destinations, preferably in the UK, please ping me in the comments! It's starting to gradually warm up here so I guess they may have to be saved up for next winter. 

The lockdown is dragging on a bit now - I miss seeing people outside my bubble! Female friends especially! It can be lonely at times, even within a relationship - I love the Cog to bits, but sometimes I just need a change of conversation that isn't based around work, what we're eating tonight, or what to watch on tv. I caught up with a local friend yesterday for a walk and it really brightened my day. On walks with the Cog, I try and focus outside myself, looking out for birds nesting, and spotting all the lovely spring flowers. I planted lots of bulbs in October, and there are signs that at least some of them are sprouting (I guess half of them might be upside down, whoops!). I'm not doing quite so well on the exercise front, and there's no excuse not to climb on the exercise bike, other than my bed is soo toasty in the morning! 

Oh well - at least I've lots of crafts to keep me company. I kind of feel I've gone back to an earlier version of myself, as a twenty-something - no social life but plenty of knitting, and Friday nights just a bar of chocolate and a bottle of wine for company. Hey ho... 

Current mood: Meh...

1 comment:

Knittedbrows said...

Feeling much the same at the moment !!!