Monday, October 23, 2023

Sorting out machines

On Saturday I spent an interesting afternoon helping my friend C sort out some of the stock she picked up when BSK closed. We managed to assemble two working KH230/KR230s and had another set with a non-working ribber. The ribber connector arm had a rather fancy contraption (later ditched on the KR260) that indicated your knitting direction and on the third ribber it was jammed solid, despite looking exactly like the working ones. It almost looked like the tilting thing used on the Passap. No idea why it needed that extra complication and hope she gets it working. We also sorted all of the other bits into type, so at least she'll have some chance of finding things when she wants to sell them. 

I can't decide if my mood is excited or depressed - we're trading in both our cars for a newer one next weekend, and the Cog has now informed me that he may be moving to a job that requires him to be in the office three days a week. Facepalm. The cross stitch is continuing apace (though it is still aggravating) and I'm still fighting the urge to go to bed when it gets dark (around 6.30pm at the moment). Other than that, not much to report!

Oh and I keep seeing local people post pictures of fly agaric, the "famous" red and white mushroom, yet a walk through the local woods failed to reveal any. I will keep trying!

Current mood: depressed

No comments: