Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Machine knitter interrupted

PXL_20231124_080418031

First, way past due - this was birthday sock yarn, and these are the socks it made!

PXL_20231124_083720526

I really need to finish this - the knitting was done by a local lady who has since passed away, so far I've managed to add all the cuffs (in a slightly different colour pink) and sew it up, it just needs the front bands finishing. Because she did facings, it's slowing me up as to how to complete them.

PXL_20231124_083657373

This looks much better on - the Green Grove tee. Though on closer inspection, it looks like I left some of the patterning out. Oh well, never mind! Now, what to do with the leftover yarn?

PXL_20231124_083637657

I made two pairs of these mittens on Sunday, but only managed to photograph this pair. Made from the Gerda Stitt pattern that she kindly let me host in perpetuity before she died.

PXL_20231124_080302638

Last, but by no means least, I have been distracted by the beading bug lately, when a friend gifted me her extensive bead stash. The bottom two are kits picked up at a recent craft fair - they will be either Spellbound Beads or Southampton Beads - and the top are beaded tassels I am making, after being inspired to make my own by some very expensive ones seen online. Mine are interchangeable, too! There might be some xmas present making going on too, but I can't post about that just yet!

Not shown, the kitty cross stitch kit I really ought to finish! In other news, we traded our cars in for a newer car and already some little sh!t has tried to hack the electronics. I guess getting stranded at a garden centre wasn't the worst place to end up, but still, ugh! It cost me £99 to get the car reset, and if it happens again I think I will trade it in for something less attractive...

Current mood: enthralled

No comments: