Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Dog tired

Well, it continues to be a bit of a weird summer. Weeks on end of overcast humidity and hardly a glimpse of the sun, interspersed with the odd nice day. Not much to report here I'm afraid - I've been struggling to sleep for various reasons (sudden, unplanned expenses and a silly, nasty spat with a work colleague that's dragged on too long) so machine knitting falls right down the pecking order when that happens.

On the positive side, I think I managed to get my repaired garter carriage run in this weekend. I ran it for about an hour without yarn or needle, and it seemed to work ok. I'd forgotten how loud it is - we were watching Columbo with subtitles, and I was getting grumpy looks from the Cog that my experiments better not interrupt the big football game later. I was done by then, as planned - we lost anyway! G finally has a new contract, so finances will improve in a few weeks, but it does mean buying a second car from some of my rainy day money. It's not so bad, I did miss my independance and it means I can go into the office more often. The Cog is now joking he's taking "his" car out, when in actually the current one is jointly owned and the new one will belong to me until he can afford to pay off his half. Yes, he's a cheeky one, but a keeper!

Current mood: exhausted

No comments: