Monday, August 12, 2024

Ravellenic entry: Socks

Well, my Ravellenic attempt wasn't up to much this year, owing to an incredible lack of planning. The Passap needs a clean, and the KH260 is set up but I've no yarn to knit on it. So in the end, I frogged a shawl that wasn't going anywhere in order to make socks. The first sock went without incident; the second sock, knitted on a Monday morning before work, didn't go so well. Oh well, minor mistakes that only I can see! This was my one and only entry for Team MK (Rise of the Machines)

PXL_20240803_154224091

PXL_20240803_155038462 PXL_20240806_071421867 laurel-template-2022 laurel-template-2022 laurel-template-2022 202401

The weather's continued to be a bit topsy turvy - heatwaves or oppressive humidity and occasional rain. Consequently, handling yarn has been the last thing on my mind.

Current mood: amused

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have seen this topic, so I am wondering?? annual event? or fun pretend olympic jest? Love socks. Currently trying to knit my stash and give to family. Using CSM. Have a 940 Brother and could do it there too when I want fairisle or fancy tuck. OK the more I reflect...you were having a fun jest. Good One!

steel breeze said...

No, it's an unofficial event run by the Ravelry crew, that runs alongside the Olympics, and not specifically just for machine knitting. Lots of people take part and it's every four years...