Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ravellenic medals

By the end of week 1 of the Olympics, I was one of these:
rav2012
...and I won these:
rav2012hat
rav2012charity
rav2012shawl
rav2012sweater
rav2012mk
rav2012stash

Apols for being quiet, but I spent last week in Baden-Baden, enjoying the beer and the sunshine (and the thermal spa), and since I got back late Sunday evening my feet have hardly touched the ground at work or at home. Plus I finally got an appointment with an eye consultant, only to discover that BUPA have moved the goalposts in the last three weeks and I can't afford any consultant I choose. Not impressed, as the only guy in the whole area that I CAN afford seems to be permanently engaged.

This private healthcare lark is not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe I will have to go cap-in-hand to the NHS and get on the waiting list. Presuming I don't get run over and killed beforehand of course (not as unlikely as you think - I had a near miss crossing the road the other weekend when the lights had changed to amber and I didn't realise). Asides from the fact, you have to do all the running yourself, trying to write to people, call people etc. I may end up travelling to London to get this sorted out - been playing redial bingo today.

Hey ho. The irony of paying an arm and a leg (when I just need a new lens) is not lost on me, I assure you! Grump!

Hopefully a more cheery update, and poss. some photos soon. Toodle-oo!

No comments: