Monday, March 21, 2016

Carpal tunnel, not carpe diem

Lately I've been waking up at night quite regularly with a dead hand. Now it seems to be happening when driving, and this weekend when nordic walking - ie my arm was definitely not stationary! Left hand seems to be worse than the right. Started again last night so I stopped working on a sock and will give knitting a rest for a week and see if it improves. Alas, I don't have a lot of frogging to do.

Isn't it always the way - you've got lots of things on and your body suddenly says "Nope! Not happening!"

Of course, it's proving impossible to get an appointment with my local GP thanks to the gatekeeper receptionist who clearly doesn't like sick people littering her waiting room. Grr.... Nah, it's fine, love, I'll just wait until my hands cease to work permanently. I'll have to give up work, so no taxes to pay for your job. Sorry to rant but I'm fuming - I've never met a less helpful woman. The fact I get heart palpitations just at the thought of ringing up the surgery (for which I have to psych myself up for!) speaks volumes. I rarely go - in fact last year I put up with six months of agony (every time I got up from a seated position) until I finally caved and discovered, hey ho, a slipped disc. It's come to the point that I'm actually seriously thinking about changing doctors. Apparently there are these mythical advanced appointments, and even online booking, but you'll never get offered them. Clearly I'm (a) not sick enough or (b) somehow not deserving enough - despite being a hard-working tax payer, who is probably supporting quite a lot of the elderly locals.

Current mood: bitchy

No comments: