Sunday, November 22, 2020

The mad hatter...

IMG_20201117_092920

IMG_20201117_092939

Don't ask me why, but I'm inordinately pleased with this hat. It couldn't be simpler - just 1x1 rib worked in the round for 8 or so inches, and then decreased. I found the pattern (from Purl Soho) via Ravelry, and it's in a large array of sizes. This is the adult's small, which seems to fit me just fine, though it's another one for the charity bag. I've already got a second one on the needles - it's perfect for mindless knitting in front of the tv. This is something you couldn't knit on the knitting machine - ribbing in the round is reserved for CSMs with ribbers (and my CSM would choke on this anyway as it is two ends of 4ply to make up to DK). 

What else to tell you? Nothing much really. Last week's "highlight", if you could call it that, was a filling coming loose, luckily on the very day I had an emergency dental appointment. Then later discovering that the Cog had accidentally let his car's MOT lapse - cue a panicked trip to the garage - all is now well. Oh, I joined the local WI and we had lovely cake, delivered personally, to celebrate the group's tenth birthday - and an an amazing mind-reading act. It's amazing what you can do over Zoom, isn't it?! Next month is chocolate tasting. Looking forward to that! 

It seems I've lost all "oomph" to finish the burgundy jumper - serves me right for knitting two backs when I could just have easily done a proper shaped neck. The sweater parts are now draped over the Passap and rebuke me every time I enter the room. Do I care? No! What did I do? I cast on and knitted the back of Mary Anne Oger's Take a Turn sweater in some pale blue lambswool I do not remember buying. I misread the armscye shaping instructions, and probably should have re-read the "Take a Turn" KAL thread on Rav from twelve years ago. Oh well, the front will be correct. Luckily it will all be hidden under the arm - I won't be reknitting the back as it has a cabled yoke with reformed tuck stitch gutters. I do need to get the sewing machine out this week to finish up some other items so I daresay I will get onto the burgundy jumper this week. Wish I had a second overlocker like my friend J - rethreading it for what amounts to 10" of black cut and sew seems like an awful pest. I might just do a zigzag row - once washed it'll be secure enough I think. 

The other thing taking up my time is a cross-stitch kit for the Willow Pattern. It's very detailed but I am loving it. 

Current mood: okay

No comments: