Monday, December 31, 2007

Green scarf

Do you remember this technique? Bill King taught it on one of his workshop days in Long Buckby. I've long been meaning to turn it into a scarf pattern.


Pattern in close-up - yes, bottle green is not exactly an ideal colour. Yes, the ends needed weaving in.


Finished scarf.

Being tuck, it takes about 930-odd rows and 850-odd racking movements to create this scarf, but it's worth it for the finished product. As it is done using the ribber it is reversible too. I love reversible fabrics! Pattern to follow soon - I need to weigh the finished article. Pattern is here

I've been messing about with the chunky machine today. I saw a lovely scarf in Boots that was in a wide rib, but every so often the stitches were double-height, it made a lovely lacey/leafy pattern. Been figuring it out on the knitting machine - you set up ribbing, set the machine to half pitch, k a few rows, add in some empty needles, K a few more rows, drop the additional needles, repeat on the other bed. Will post a sample and proper instructions when I've polished the technique without dropping stitches I didn't mean to! :)

Well, I don't think I'll be getting much more knitting done this year, so am posting my finished projects of 2007 post. Haven't I been a busy little bee?!

Best wishes to all my readers for a happy and healthy 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Racking patterns are so striking, don't you think?