Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finishing and starting


The beanbag has been tidied up and the seams trimmed with my swanky new pinking shears (thanks to my good friend W!). Murphy's bag was also sewn/tidied up and now just requires a handle and poss. a press-stud. I think it looks rather glam. The Cog's verdict? "It looks like Sideshow Bob". Gee, thanks!

Still got a lot of knitwear from the show in the car - the Knit Wit Bits, as the Cog eloquently put it - so might take a while to get my knitting room back =)

Sheila W told me how to convert handknitting patterns without diagrams - you set the knitleader up to match the pattern's tension, and do a dry run (no yarn), and mark the garment's edges on the knitleader mylar. Then, join up the dots, and you can swatch away and use any yarn you choose! Brilliant! And, why didn't I think of that?! ;)

Which means the two skeins of Colinette Lasso that have been languishing in my stash for nearly a year can finally be made into that knitted vest top I so fancied in a hand-knitting magazine. It had a pattern of lacy diamonds and clusters in each diamond -  I lost the plot pattern-wise about five rows in!

No comments: