Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sock meme


I found a sock meme from knittech

1. What's your favorite sock yarn? (please note that the word 'yarn' is singular. Just pick one. I know it's hard.) Probably Opal hand-painted. It's all about the colour with me

2. What's your favorite type and brand of sock needle? My bamboo DPNs

3. Do you knit your socks toe up, cuff down, or sideways? Toe-up, usually. I love that the sock is 99% finished when you cast off.

4. Do you knit both socks at once or just one at a time? One at a time. Something to try one day, though.

5. What's your favorite toe and why? So far I can only do a short-row toe

6. Favorite heel? Same again - so far I've only done the short-row heel, and the basic straight-flap-gusset heel from the Web of Wool pattern

7. Do you prefer plain or patterned socks? So far I've made lots of socks in space-dyed yarn. Perhaps it's time to branch out to some jaywalkers

8. Who do you knit the most socks for? Myself, mostly.

9. Do you darn your socks? If not, what do you do with them? G managed to rip the heel of a pair so I darned them.

10. Do you only wear handknit socks? No, but I weat them quite a lot. It depends if I'm going out and what shoes I'm wearing - some shoes just won't takethe extra thickness. Hand-knit socks are great around the house.

Bonus question: What pattern, if any, is your basic "I-just-need-a-pair-of-socks" sock pattern based on? Do you keep it written down or memorized? I use the machine-knit and hand-knit version of Dimity's Penny Sock pattern, which I can pretty much do now without reading it. Sad, no?!

No comments: