Short-rowing, part 2 - knitting a diagonal corner. Yes, I know I said I'd do a sock toe next. I'm sorry, I haven't got around to doing a sock yet. It will be done at some point this week.
1. Cast on some knitting, end COL (Carriage On Left). Pull needle nearest carriage into HOLD, set carriage for HOLD, knit 2 rows. This automatically wraps the first needle, preventing a hole forming.
2. Put next working needle nearest carriage into HOLD, knit 2 rows.
3. As step 2
4. Ok, continue this until you have put all the knitting into hold. COR= Carriage On Right
5. Close-up - every stitch has a wrap except for the right-most one.
6. Push two needles nearest the carriage back to UWP, knit 1 row.
7. Pull nearest working needle back into HOLD, knit 1 row - this wraps the stitches on the way back, too.
8. As step 6
9. As step 7. Repeat steps 6 and 7, until all needles are back in working position. Knit 1 row loosely and cast off.
10. Close up of the wrong (purl) side
11. Close up of the right (knit) side