- Set carriage to tension 0 and set to knit both ways, knit 1 row
- Hang ribber comb and weights
- Set carriage to circular or to knit one way, and set the ribber to knit the other
- Knit 3 rows (increase tension by 1)
- Set both carriages to knit and tension to ribber tension (usually main tension -2).
- Set row counter to zero and knit your rib.
Extra steps - if you are knitting 2x2 rib.
Step 0 - arrange needles as required and then rack 1.5 positions so that needles fall RMRMRM - you cannot cast on when needles are RRMMRRMM. You may need to add a needle at one end to make this work.
Step 4a - rack machine back to original position, transfer any extra stitches onto required stitches.Passap machine
- Knit 1 row N/N ss 1/1
- Knit 2 rows CX/CX ss 2/2
- Knit 1 row N/N ss 3/3
If you are knitting 2x2 rib, the racking principle above still applies.