Friday, January 27, 2012

Cushions for the Olympiad

If you've not been paying attention, you might not have realised that the Wool Sack is running a drive to make cushions for all of the Olympic athletes. They need to be 40cm square - the only caveat is that they have to be made from British wool. You don't even need to stuff them - just sew up three edges. They've been having stuffing stations at the major yarn shows. I got rather excited until I realised that the wool I've bought from Uppinghams is actually from New Zealand. Texere have British wool, though.

I've had some wool donated to me - two cones each of natural white, brown and grey - and I have plans to make at least one cushion this weekend, maybe two. I need to try and get that passap top finished, too. I'm also posting half of the donation to the Manor House machine knitters, for them to produce some cushions hopefully.

No comments: