Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eye eye

Finally I have an appointment booked for refractive lens exchange surgery - the left eye is being done at the beginning of November, and the right eye a week later. The next six weeks are going to be sooo long, but at least the end is in sight (groan). It will be so nice to read books again, although I'm really not looking forward to surgery. I've never had surgery before!

Did a bit more on the pink sock on the way down to London last week (for a barrage of eye tests) and am still working on a "tuck-away tote", which looks nothing like a bag at the moment.

I did do some swatching of slip stitch patterns at the weekend, but can't find the maintenance notes for how to adjust the colour changer. It has serious attitude problems when it comes to tuck, which is a pity. Not sure if it's my machine or if it's the colour changer (this machine. the KH950i, was the one that got damaged in transit). Strangely enough, the waffle stitch card from Dream Week ISN'T in the memory, although there are a few that are close and could be modified.

00
00
0.
0.

is the card.

I've also been dabbling in a little family tree research - looks like my paternal grandfather was one of five children, but the elder four died as babies. Such a shame! We discovered a relation of the Cog's, who was married to a market trader - but once he died, she ended up in the workhouse. I guess that's not unusual. Mum has lots of old photographs of my father's family, but alas we're not sure who is who in a lot of them.

Following a detox diet this week. It's day 2 and I feel dreadful, so I guess it's working!

No comments: