Monday, July 24, 2017

Hello

Hello! Sorry for not posting lately, I've been on holiday and have been busy. Plus I'm still remiss in photographing things, so there's not been much to share lately. Text-only blog posts are somewhat dull I fear.

We had a nice week in Albufeira, Portugal - but very hot! 34 degs C during the day and 24 at night, glad we were only there for a week really! Eddie the cat was very pleased to see us, after some mountaineering up the refrigerator (to help himself to food) the week we were away - apparently he didn't trust our cat sitters to remember to feed him! Must remember to put out a second dish of dry food next time, I don't really want him climbing. He's been very affectionate since we got back, it's only taken two years to get to this stage. This morning (after a night on the tiles) he made a point of greeting both of us (G was upstairs) before coming back down for breakfast. How sweet is that? Back to normal summer temps here, 15 degs and grey! Ha, the British summer!

I made a (very bad) patchwork shopping bag, and a "waste thread catcher", from some fat quarters purchased from Hobbycraft. Not sure I will get them there again, two or three of the fabrics were quite faded in places.

DSCN2650

I've just finished crocheting two amigurumi Totoros, a kind of anime rabbit, for a work colleague whose wife is expecting twins soon. I've never made any toys before, but found it quite satisfying. Think I might like to make a pet cat!

In sewing class I've started a wrap dress in a slinky stretch jersey fabric. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Had the strangest dream last night - it started out that G and I were skypeing with the Irish guy (Chris O'Dowd) from the IT crowd, as a female relative of ours was marrying a (clearly gay) male Chinese friend, whom Chris was staying with. Then it turned out that this Chinese family were looking after our beloved cat Thomas, and the next thing I knew, I was there, fussing and petting Thomas, and thanking the mother for looking after our Thomas-neko - who remembered me, and forgave us. At no point in the dream did I recall that Thomas passed away more than two years ago. Weird. Nice to think that perhaps he is being looked after, somewhere in the afterlife.

Current mood: - still got a slightly upset stomach from the holiday. Enough already!

No comments: