Wednesday, August 23, 2017

FO: Drop tunic (Madeit Patterns)

purple top

This pattern came free with a recent sewing mag, and was very easy to make.

Mods:

Putting elastic in the shoulders made them buckle horribly, so I took it out and replaced it with iron-on interfacing (bias binding would probably have worked too). Also the twin-needle hem snapped almost straight away, so it was zigzagged instead. Otherwise, no mods. I might end up redoing the sleeve hems too as I'm a bit leery of pushing up my sleeves and it's an unconscious bad habit when the office warms up.

Would like to make the dress version of this too. Easy to wear. I was a naughty girl and didn't prewash the fabric, so fingers crossed it doesn't shrink. Made a matching skirt with the leftovers, but it surprisingly doesn't work well with the extra material at the bottom.

Current mood: pleased

No comments: