Monday, October 23, 2017

Event: GMK Heart of England Meetup

My local Guild of Machine Knitter Area Reps and I are trying to organise our first GMK Heart of England Meet Up. It will be Saturday November 18th, 10-12.30pm, at Houlton - this is a new suburb on the A428 between Hillmorton (Rugby) and Crick. The nearest postcode is CV23 0AB, The Tuning Fork Cafe - the venue is actually The Barn, a community centre, right next door. It is easily accessible from the M1 J18 and there is free parking. We are planning on bringing some hands-on workshops, some machines to play with and hoping Wendy Piper of Knits n Bits can attend.

I appreciate this is possibly too far for some of you, but I would love to know if you are interested and to get an idea of numbers to see if this is viable. If this date does not suit you (I appreciate it's short notice!) then would you be interested in a similar event in the New Year? Email me if you are interested. There will be a small charge for refreshments, slightly more for non-Guild members.

No comments: