Monday, October 08, 2018

MKtog, Fladbury, Oct 6th-7th

Had a tedious drive down to Fladbury as the heavens were bucketing it down, though it got better the further south I went. I'd packed the CSM, the Brother KX395 and KH881, and a collection of colour changers and yarn. Well, one never knows what one is going to want to play with! Got everything set up and did a little more work on the 10 stitch blanket. Did a swatch on the the convertible but after knitting one back, realised that it wasn't a happy bunny sponge-strip wise, so gave it up as a bad job!

After a lovely lunch of salad, chili and quiche I demonstrated a sock on the CSM and demonstrated the 10 stitch blanket on an LK150. We had jacket potatoes and chili for tea, plus stewed quince and ice-cream for afters. Some of us went to the Anchor Inn afterwards, and then I retired to the little "Cabin boy's room" upstairs - cosy little room once the heating was on!

Sunday dawned brightly; I decided to have a go at double-bed jacquard and had a case of the "rookie mistake" -itis that often happens when trying something not tried for some time! I eventually got two-row striper DBJ and ladder-backed DBJ working, and two-colour ladder back DBJ worked a treat too - it never seems to work on my other ribber for some unknown reason, falling off after about eight rows. Another lovely lunch was served.

I then made the compatriot sock on the CSM, and had a go at a rounded heel sock. Of course, the second sock somehow knew people were packing up around it and commenced playing merry h*ll! But I got there in the end. Drove home and grafted the socks after dinner. I'm trialling the rounded heel socks today and will report back - they feel sloppier on my feet but perhaps I can offer it as an option? Hmmm...

Inspired, I've ordered the Silverlink 5 cable and Susan Guagliumi's new book "Open Spaces". Now I've no excuse not to knit the xmas jumper on the SK840, which is currently up, instead of having to resort to swapping it for the identical gauge KH950i. Hurrah! Might practice ladder-backed DBJ first though as that may be required. I found a lovely xmas design in an 80s mag, I just need to get the yarn on order.

Pictures of the socks to follow. The first pink one got packed away somewhere and I haven't found it yet.

Looking forward to getting it and getting DAK onto the current laptop. Time to retire the old Macbook methinks! Many thanks to rmbroo for organising the weekend, and looking forward to another one next year hopefully!

Current mood: chuffed

No comments: