Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Continuum

The rules regarding meeting people were relaxed last week. Is it pathetic to admit that it made little difference in our household? Apart from a brief drink in brother-in-law's back garden last weekend, curtailed because it's still pretty cold out? I'm somewhat pleased the non-essential shops reopened yesterday, though I'm at a loss as to all the things I wanted to buy. I would like a fluffy dressing gown and possibly some new paintbrushes for watercolours. I am easy to please, huh? I have foolishly bought new sandals for a holiday I probably won't get to take. The enforced break from consumerism feels permanent, somehow. 

Instead of cracking on with a blanket on the Passap (trying to get up courage), I distract myself with fisherman's rib sweaters, and spend time looking for a folder of Passap patterns that seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Oh, the Cog got another short contract, so I have relinquished the knitting room a second time (which mainly means folding up the table loom). 

There have been some bright spots - we ventured into Kenilworth on Sunday, bought a sandwich and enjoyed it in the park, followed by our first ice cream cone of the year. My sister popped around for lunch in the back garden and left red devil fairy cakes. The tulips are starting to bloom (the narcissi seem less enthusiastic). The weather remains odd - sunshine and sleet at times. My partner checked the vaccination website (we are both now eligible) but all the locations were quite some distance. I'll let the people who can't work from home get done first. My time will come. 

Current mood: lethargic

No comments: