Sunday, May 16, 2021

Time for Tea top

mugs_top

Hello! Sorry I've not blogged much lately, there's been very little to report really! I have made the Cog some shorts, I should have paid more attention to the amount of ease in the pattern because they have come out enormous (even after I added 4 darts into the back waist). I am going to have to take the side and inside seams in I think. Oh well, I guess at least there's plenty of room for his burgeoning beer belly! I made this cheerful top above and have a matching scrunchie and face mask, should I want to wear all three at the same time!

I've 1m of a pretty rainbow striped fabric. I am trying to talk myself out of buying some more of it elsewhere - otherwise, there's only really enough for a shopping bag. It definitely doesn't go around me, anyway! I'm trying to talk myself into finishing the Willow pattern cross-stitch - it needs probably an hour's more work on it.

bluebells

The weather is continuing to be unsettled (it's throwing it down right now, in fact), so the lifting of restrictions on eating indoors today will help no end. So far, only the Cog has a "date", and not with me! We went bluebell-spotting on Sunday, and oh my did I wear the wrong shoes! So much mud, and I forgot sometimes you have to jump over streams too. Mind you, as we came away there was one family entirely kitted out in nice clean trainers. I wonder how that went?! No sign of my favourite pink bluebells this year, nor the white ones, but I have left it a bit late so perhaps that's it. The weather feels more like April than May.

Current mood: working

1 comment:

Knittedbrows said...

Love your blouse !