Sunday, March 05, 2023

Some FOs

I'm post dating this entry because the last photo is a competition entry and I don't want anyone favouring me (or not) because they've seen my socks online (though, it is a TERRIBLE photo!)

Yes, dear reader, I am not dead. Just dead tired - flipping stupid hormones, lack thereof. I long for a night where I sleep through instead of waking at stupid o'clock basted in my own juices. It is a forlorn hope.  I am grumpy, find almost everything irritating, and am liable to go off on one at the drop of a hat. My mood is not good - bleak is probably the best word for it. I feel as if I am just existing, clock watching every day that doesn't start with an S. 

Work has continued at a snail's pace (it feels) on the Pauline cardigan - I am on the second sleeve and am playing a long game of yarn chicken now - will there be enough? The tunisian cushion cover part 2 is partially complete. I made a swatch on the SK840 in a terracotta boucle of unknown content and promptly tumble-dryed it by accident, thus wasting my effort. I picked up a block printing kit from The Arty Crafty Place at the Big Textiles show in October. Last weekend, having nothing better to do, and both of us being in a funk because of the continued cold and blah weather and the permacrisis generally, I decided to crack the kit open and print both the teatowel and bag. Yes, I probably shouldn't have swapped brown for red but I'm still not a big fan of brown as yet! Thus inspired, I rounded up all the spare fat quarters with no project in mind and made a bunch more shopping bags (from the MORSbags pattern). As you can see there's a cream one begging for more block printing. I am tempted to perhaps just do the flowers and the bee, we shall see... A quick ironing session and these are colourfast, apparently, though I've no intention of washing the shopping bag unless I have to. Now I have to fight the urge to acquire All The Colours and more blocks. They can be used for papercrafts too, of course. I do have quite a collection of rubber stamps already, but they are too shallow and not suitable for this purpose I suspect (though it's a thought!). 

Finally, the last picture is of a CSM cables and lace pattern from a Wendy Deters book. The complex sock is supposed to have six lace panels and 3 cable strips. I did start with that one but quickly went wrong and lost the will to live. They are not identical; there's a missing cable cross on the first one and the second one had a repair to a dropped stitch I couldn't catch and ended up with a few extra rounds on the foot. Never mind, at least I managed to make a competition entry. As this post goes up I will be on the way home from the annual "Going Round in Circles" CSM event in Kegworth. I doubt they will win but at least I tried! 

PXL_20230227_123153633

Block printed tote bag

PXL_20230227_123210040

Block printed teatowel

PXL_20230227_123242157 PXL_20230227_123255366

More shopping bags

PXL_20230227_134509604

CSM cable and lace socks

Current mood: exhausted and with a splitting headache

No comments: