Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Some works in progress, and experimenting with twisting stitches

tunisian cables

My current obsession, the tunisian cable scarf "San Marino" - I'm now on strip three of three, so it's even further ahead than this!

PXL_20240430_084924182

PXL_20240430_141803899

I thought I'd have a go at the Irene Woods / Clearwater Knits lace yoked top. The two yokes took the best part of saturday afternoon to knit on the machine (the transfers are hand-manipulated), and spent yesterday blocking on the bed, alongside my little helper. To be fair, the grey and white blanket is "his" domain, so he's being very good not putting cat hair on my work. Next stop is joining the yokes and knitting the sleeves downwards... 

PXL_20240414_100737242

Some inspiration from M and S, I thought I'd try and replicate it by adding the ribber for one row to get very loose stitches. I don't think I'd want to do it all over though, this was a short-sleeved top or vest I think!

MandS lace

My attempt - first loose row, everything was just twisted 180 degrees using the 2 prong tool. On the second loose row, I turned the pairs 360 degrees, looks much more like it! I only wish I'd knitted a bit more and casted it off properly.

Does anyone else take random snaps of knitwear when out shopping, or is it just me?!

Current mood: busy

No comments: