Thursday, May 17, 2007

7 random facts

I was tagged by Lucia aka The Knitting Fiend (http://www.thedietdiary.com/blog/), so here you go:

1. I'm allergic to penicillin and penicillin-based medication. Not a violent allergy though - nothing anaphylactic. I just get an itchy rash, everywhere. And I do mean, everywhere! Whatever I was taking the medication for, tends to go away of its own accord. My dad was also allergic, so presumably he passed it onto me.
2. I have never been able to snap my fingers. My other half thinks this is hilarious
3. I'm not keen on fresh tomatoes, but I love tinned. Something about the feel of them, I'm not sure why. I will eat them, though, because they are good for me.
4. When I was a child, I used to sneak stock cubes out of my mother's larder and eat them. I still can't resist licking my fingers after using them. Oooh, taste the salty goodness! :)
5. I have a bad habit of buying more sauces and condiments than actual food. This must stop - not only because, I'm running out of cupboard space.
6. I have very fine cataracts inside both lenses, another gift from my father. Some day I will need implant surgery I expect. I hope someone will notice when I start driving in the middle of the road (they don't always go at the same time!). I get my eyes tested every three years.
7. I'm not very good with house-plants - I forget to water them. The only plant that does well is the Christmas cactus, but then it's 35 years old, and I've not managed to kill it in the ten or so years I've had it. Another house-plant that was doing just fine has become the cat's chew toy, so it now looks terrible.

Oh, and apparently I can't count, either. Have two bonus random factoids:

8. I'm not a great one for make-up. I tend to wear a small amount on special occasions, eg parties. My excuse is, I get up far too early in the morning. My employer is lucky I turn up clothed, let alone anything else!
9. I love perfume, and seem to be collecting it. I prefer light, floral scents to heavy musky ones.

I can't think of 7 people to tag right now. It's dinnertime and my stomach is overriding any sensible thought. Be tagged if you so wish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't click my fingers either!!! But then my hubby can't whistle, so we're even!