Monday, December 16, 2013

Because I am an idiot...

... we drove all the way to the NEC - nearly getting taken out by other drivers on two separate occasions - and having to make a 20 minute diversion up the A5/M69 as the M6 was blocked - only to get to the hotel, get changed, and discover we'd forgotten the tickets to the annual works xmas do. So we got changed back and went home and got a chinese. Totally gutted and have been beating myself up all weekend - but hey, at least my nails look nice, and I've already got the party dress for next year. Heck, it's one sure-fire way not to show yourself up with your co-workers, anyway. Thank goodness I didn't spend a fortune on hair, nails or the dress...

Most of the presents are wrapped, the food is ordered and the cards are posted or on their way to being posted. The xmas knitting is finally finished; next weekend the food arrives and we decorate the house. I'd normally be looking forward to a relaxing week off of machine knitting and general pottering about, but this year I've the added stress of organising a party for Mum's 70th, so I won't really be able to relax until 5pm on the 31st (she's a NYE baby). Plus I'm arranging an informal MK meeting at my house in January, so I desperately need to tidy up the knitting room and make it look less like an explosion in a yarn factory. 

Been a lazy bum most of the weekend so have done lots of handknitting/sewing up in front of the tv. 


No comments: