Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Lockdown staycations and birthdays

Last week, the Cog and I had a nice "staycation", mostly visiting the parks in local towns, and popping to the odd farm shop. There are a few nice ones in the area.

Some finished objects:

PXL_20210322_073200596

PXL_20210322_073216247

I couldn't make head nor tail of the assembly instructions for this, so fudged it as best I could. This is rather snuggly!

PXL_20210322_073319733

This needs a bit of steaming to set the hems, but is otherwise finished. Alas, as I continue to WFH, getting the iron out will only happen if I start sewing again!

PXL_20210322_073356305

The weaving came out again, leading me to lust after a folding floor loom that I do not have room for. This has been packed away for seven months, as this is the table the Cog has been working from.

PXL_20210322_073343105

I finally had a go at programming letters on the Passap. These are photographed in the order they were attempted - I misread the code for N because I didn't have my glasses on! If you program one letter wrong you have to start again I think. Anyway, it really tickled me that I figured it out. Next step is to figure out how to stop it repeating, if that's possible.

I originally got into machine knitting because I was inspired to knit double-bed jacquard scarves; I forget where I saw them now, but a designer was selling customised ones and that just tweaked my interest. I can confidently say, dbj isn't for the faint-hearted, and it's still not a technique I do a lot of on the Japanese machines. But the Passap does at least make it pretty easy.

Yes, my birthday is now associated with the day the lockdown started in the UK last year. Meh, as if the Act of Enablement wasn't bad enough. I had lots of lovely cards, flowers by post, lovely meals and some nice gifts. It would be so nice to do something normal for a birthday, that could include friends. Never mind, at least everyone's in the same boat I guess. 

Current mood: loved

No comments: