Sunday, June 27, 2021

FO: Norfolk baby blanket

PXL_20210628_123406330

This was the blanket I so struggled with in October. Knitted in one go without a hitch (though I could have cast it off looser). It's a very pretty teal colour. Very pleased. It's not very snuggly (and it's kind of square) so I might toss it into the wash and see if it softens up any. You could also use this pattern to make squares and sew them into bigger blankets, I suppose. It's a very simple double-bed 4-row tuck pattern, which you could simulate with card 1 if it weren't for the 11 stitch border. Both patterns would work on their own, too.

Current mood: awake

2 comments:

Jude Atkins said...

I really like this blanket. I took a look at your instructions realized it was written for passap. I didn't understand them. Maybe in daft... but can I accomplish this on a brother machine?

steel breeze said...

It's not impossible on a Brother, it is a double bed tuck pattern which you could accomplish using card 1. However, you would have to knit the borders seperately if you have a punchcard machine, because I don't think you would want to cancel out the pattern in the middle on every row, it would be time consuming. Hope that helps!