Monday, September 13, 2021

Perking up

Last week I had a lovely short break camping locally with a few friends, all of whom were spinners. It was a camp of two halves, the Wednesday was roasting hot and we all sought shade. Thursday it rained on and off all day, whilst remaining humid. I did a bit of machine knitting but mostly sat around eating cake - so nice to just be away from the house for a few days. Made a somewhat successful hat and a very nice cowl. Many thanks to C and everyone for organising it. I have eaten way too much cake! 

Came back to a lovely letter from a new penpal. Saturday I gave a short talk on "Machine knitting (not just stocking stitch)" for the KCG Un-vention, which was well received, despite the sunshine doing its best to make the samples impossible to show on Zoom. Had some lovely emails thanking me for it, and someone reminded me that though the pandemic has caused heartache it's also improved technology use for many. I am well aware that I've had a fairly easy ride compared to some, so I will endeavour to focus on the positives when I can! Online conversations have a tendency to become fractious, perhaps we are all going a little covid-crazy! Managed to dry the tents out yesterday. We walked around Draycote reservoir (some four miles) and treated ourselves to a snack at the cafe at the end. It seems a lot further on foot than it does when cycling! Got some great shots with the new camera, though alas I left the ISO set a bit too high. Oops! It's one of the settings that doesn't show on the onscreen display... 

Bizarre dream of a failed romance film - Simon Pegg and Keeley Hawes in a mismatched couple situation. Maybe I should write some of these down?! Watched "Knives Out" last night, very good! Back to work today, a nice distraction. 

Current mood: awake

No comments: