Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Black chenille

Yes, thanks to GDPR and head office rules, almost nobody outside my immediate department knows I hit a milestone birthday today, and that it's the THIRD one working from home (mentally shakes fist at COVID). A nice way to make someone feel forgotten/invisible. Let's just say my mood has been pretty dark lately. I never thought I'd be grateful for Facebook. Every day's a school day! Oh well, I had a few nice bunches of flowers and chocs. We're going for a nice meal later, though I am not sure how drunk I dare get, as I've got to go into the office tomorrow for my annual appraisal. 

So anyway, I thought I'd pretty much knitted up all the black chenille, two sweaters down, and that I could start planning sweaters with yarn that I would actually keep to wear myself! But no such luck - two more cones of chenille have come to light. They will be scarves, and then I can properly suffer from startitis. Sewing it up is like trying to sew the night so no more jumpers out of it for me! 

Current mood: surprised & disappointed

1 comment:

Knittedbrows said...

Belated Happy Birthday